Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

So I was heading back to my room this afternoon, when underneath the payphone outside I spotted a book that someone had left behind. I figured that its owner would be back for it shortly, so I went to continue on my way, but then something about it caught my attention. On the front, inside the dustjacket, was a yellow post-it note that declared in a John Inman-ish way "I'm FREE!"

Now the word FREE always gets my attention, so I stopped and peered a bit closer. Underneath I could make out the words "I'm not lost!"

I looked around me. The corridor was empty. There was no-one about. I gently crouched down and read further.

READ ME
"Please pick me up, read me, and help me with my journey! (see inside)"

So I gingerly picked it up, opened the dust-jacket, slid out the book and scrutinised it.

OPEN ME
The grey backgrounds were actually shiny silver, but apart from these, it was a fairly ordinary looking book.

Then, I gently lifted the page and found a further message on the inside front-cover, which told me I was wrong.

"Howdy! Hola! Bonjour! Guten Tag! I'm a very special book. You see, I'm travelling around the world making new friends. I hope I've met another friend in you. Please go to www.BookCrossing.com and enter my BCID number (shown below).

You'll discover where I've been and who has read me, and can let them know I'm safe here in your hands. Then...READ and RELEASE me!

BCID:***-1479446"

So what did I do? Answer here.

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **