Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

With Pope Benedict XVI flying in this weekend to, among other things, go for a stroll within walking distance of my house, my mum and I evacuated from London to instead attend this year's SPUC Evangelicals (Society for the Protection of Unborn Children) conference up in Derbyshire.

Hang on, that sounds like we were avoiding him. In fact, I think the opposite was true. You see, actually there is no annual SPUC Evangelicals conference. Usually it's just a blanket SPUC conference which various denominations attend, however this year the simultaneous papal visit significantly robbed the event of catholics, and hence the evangelical focus.

(I still can't quite nail down what 'evangelical' means though)



If, for me, last year's conference had been about hearing all the excellent international speakers, then this year it was about meeting so many fascinating attendees, as it seemed as though everyone present held some sort of Christian ministry occupation. Some had spent their lifetime serving in the worldwide mission field, others were involved with the UN, and still another was publishing a Christian magazine. Despite my own Christian broadcasting activities, I felt sincerely humbled.

So, a great weekend, and an inspiring one too.


Fig. 1: My mum and I taking a break from selling books! (photo: thanks Marcia!)

Labels:

4 comment(s):

At 9:05 pm, Anonymous Rhett said...

You've grown your hair out!

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger Steve Goble said...

It's to go with my women's trousers.

 
At 3:02 pm, Anonymous Rhett said...

Haha!

Actually, you'd be good to go for another Klingon bible reading now... all we'd need is a bit of hair dye.

The picture is quite a juxtaposition with your profile shot next to your comments.

 
At 4:50 am, Blogger Steve Goble said...

Well, you know what the Klingons are always saying - "Today is a good day to dye."

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **