Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

So tonight I'm on my way to Tesco with my mum to buy myself two fudge-flavoured Frijj drinks (my favourite) in their temporary two-for-one offer, when I see a tramp sitting outside. I think I've seen him there before, so I suppose that I really ought to ask him if there's anything that I can get for him from Tesco.

This is, of course, not going to happen.

Once inside the shop, I wonder if I should perhaps get him a bar of chocolate or something, since I'm getting one of them for my mum anyway. However, I reason that this would be a case of my giving him what I wanted to give, rather than what he wanted to receive.

This is, of course, not going to happen either.

Then I realise that one of the two favourite fudge-flavoured Frijj drinks that I'm getting under Tesco's temporary two-for-one offer is, of course, free.

So after making the purchase, as I pass him again outside, I questioningly flash at him the favourite fudge-flavoured Frijj drink that I've got for free in Tesco's temporary two-for-one offer, and his face lights up, so I give it to him.

And he gasps at me, "How did you know? These are my favourite!"

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **