Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Spam.

We all receive it. Most of us delete it. Just occasionally we even dare to actually read it.

Junk emails are called spam because, like the repetitive lyric in the famous Monty Python song, there seems to be a heck of a lot of it.

I can't help wondering if a better reason for the name might be how hard spam is to get open.

Spam that goes to my Hotmail is usually filtered into my junk folder. In the event that I even go to that folder, if I do attempt to open a message, Hotmail gives me a blank screen along with a warning that the contents have been withheld from me for my safety. When I override that, it still withholds all the links and other active content. Only when I override that can I finally fully open it.

Well, you know how tricky it can be to get into a tin of cooked meat as well.

Spammers also know from the outset how tough it can be just to get their victims to make that very first click towards opening their grammatically creative epistles. In recent years, they have gone to a considerable amount of trouble to try to make that opening subject-line as enticing as possible.

Here are just a few that I have received:

"Get in touch with me Urgently...Goble"

"Horse gets swallowed by snake"

"Boy pokes fork into sister's eye"

"Anne Hathaway dairies seized by FBI"

"And I hate your son"

"You're a moron"

Today however I think I received the all-time winner. Let me reassure all the spammers who entered that all your submissions were of an extremely high standard* (* excluding spelling**) (**etc.), and the other judges and I really wished that we could have given everyone a prize. However then we remembered how you all say you have millions of spare dollars sitting around just doing nothing, and, well, that makes you a bit hard to buy for.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my all-time top spam-title, along with the incredible entry that accompanied it...

Attention:Dear Scamm victim.

My name is Mrs.Rose Charles the inspcetor general of police Ouagodougou Burkina Faso,This is to inform you that the government of this country Burkina Faso in conjucture with United Nation are rewarding you the sum of $1.5m Dollars as one of the scamm victim.

We where able to get your email through those that extort money from you when the police got them arrested ,Then one of them gave us your email address,below is the picture of the arrested scamer when police get him arrested

The president of this country His Excency Mr.Blaise Compaoré,has sent aside sum of $1.5m to send to you through Bank To Bank Wire Transfer,So contact Mr. Brawn White ECO BANK PLC WEST AFRICA Manager now for immediate transfer of your fund to your account .

Contact him with your full informtion, Bear it in mind that I Mrs.Rose Ahmed the inspcetor general of police Ouagadougou Burkina Faso has signed that the only money you will pay to the ECO Bank is $550 which is for wire transfer processing fee.

Try to contact bank through this information.

THE MANAGER NAME IS MR.BRAWN WHITE/ ECO BANK PLC MANAGER EMAIL== cbank8367@gmail.com
This is information the Bank Manager need from you.
YOUR COUNTRY............
YOUR FULL NAME........
ACCOUNT NUMBER............
ROUTING NUMBER........
SWIFT CODE IF POSSIBLE.....
NAME OF YOUR BANK................
SCAN COPY OF ID..................
OCCUPATION...........
HOME ADDRESS.....
MOBIL PHONE NUMBER.....
OFFICE NUMBER.........
HOME NUMBER............
AGE....
SEX....
Best regard

Mrs.Rose Ahmed
Inspector General Of Police Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
Below is some example picture of the arristed scammers

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **