Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

James' epistle is all about how complacency can lead to arrogance and sin.

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

- James 2:14-17, 26 (NIV)


Arrogance in other people, especially Christians, is probably my biggest pet peeve.

I want to go on, but I know I'm already becoming a bit arrogant.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **