Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

A late conversation with a friend led to an encouraging reassurance of God's reasoning in placing me here.

Pope John Paul II sadly died a few days ago, so we were discussing his replacement.

Friend: "Whoever they pick, I hope he's more liberal and supports education and birth-control. So many problems and unwanted kids could be avoided if the Vatican recognised this as the only realistic answer to those problems. I expect you're in favour of abstinence, aren't you?"
Me: "I'm in favour of educating people about abstinence, yes. If they don't want to have kids, then they shouldn't have sex."
Friend: "I hear what you're saying, but you have to be realistic. People are going to have sex. Abstinence isn't going to work for them."
Me: "It's always worked for me."

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **