Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

[TRACK FADES OUT. FIRST BEAT OF NEXT TRACK ON CD HEARD BEFORE BEING SUDDENLY CUT-OFF.]

Steve: "Danny Thomas and Tomorrow on Hope City Radio 106.7 FM, before that we had Kirk Talley and Tomorrow...and it is almost tomorrow, isn't it Patrick?"
Patrick: "It is just about tomorrow, yeah!"

Steve: "Hey-hey! In fact, I'm just tryin' to, tryin' to ease my watch off here in the studio and see exactly how long we have left until tomorrow. It is one minute..."

[CLICK IN BACKGROUND]

"...and forty-one seconds, and there goes my tape running out, which is just as well 'cos we got a second tape in the studio recording us as we go out this evening."

Patrick: "Yeah, yeah."

Steve: "Do y'have any...any plans for the new year at all Patrick?"

Patrick: "Er well I plan to have this vision much further on the road, that's one thing, but let's put that one out of the road... I wanna be a lit-er much less dependent on the state, hopefully I can do it my way, rather than do it their way because, well, I think some cases they waste time, but anyway, so that's one thing I hope very much that I'm making a reasonable living without being luxurious."

Steve: "Hey hey hey! Well I think what you're doing here, if I may say, is absolutely fantastic 'cos the whole station - weh how long have you been on air now?"

Patrick: "We been on air for three years, but we started on 88.3 originally."

Steve: "Hey hey! Three years, and in the next ten seconds you're going to be on air for four years, 'cos you're gonna be on air in 2005 as well!"

Patrick: "Yeah."

Steve: "Four."

Patrick: "Yeah."

Steve: "Three."

Patrick: "Yes..."

Steve: "Two! One! Whey-hey!"

[STEVE CLAPS FIVE TIMES UNINTENTIONALLY QUIETLY, FOLLOWED BY SILENT STUDIO ATMOSPHERE FOR SIX SECONDS. TAPE HISS STARTS SUDDENLY. NEW BEGINNING BY SILVER WIND BEGINS FAR TOO LOUD, AND IS HASTILY FADED DOWN TO THE CORRECT LEVEL. EIGHT SECONDS OF MUSIC ARE SUCCESSFULLY PLAYED.]

"It's New Beginning from Silver Wind. Welcome to 2005."

(You can hear a slightly edited version here)

(post about the end of the show here)

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **