Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)


Fantastic gag-packed live-action remake of the cartoon.

I've been looking forward to this ever since I watched the prequel in 2005, and it sure doesn't disappoint.

I'm no aficionado, but aside from the new introduction for Bamm-Bamm, (I'm sure it was already covered in the TV show) this seems about as close to more canon Flintstones as we're likely to get. John Goodman and Rick Moranis effortlessly sound just like their TV counterparts, while most of the rest of the cast are giving it all they've got too.

And all the gags! The gags!

Fred: "We'll make new friends - there's 4,000 other people in this world!"

Barney: "Fred, I hear that eatin' too much red meat is bad for you."
Fred: "What a load of bunk! My father ate it every day of his life and he lived to the ripe old age of thirty-eight."

Fred: "Sorry I'm late. Had car trouble. I picked up a nail."
[SHOWS EVERYONE A BANDAID ON HIS FOOT]

In fact, Fred's links to his arguable TV-descendant Homer J Simpson shine through in many places...

Fred: "Miss Stone, I'd like you to meet my wife, Mrs. Flagstone, and our daughter... uh... uh... isn't she beautiful? My family."

Ignore what the other reviews say – yabba-dabba-DO!

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **