Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

On Christmas Day I wrapped my presents, and on the 27th we finally opened them.

Christmas in our house tends to be a bit out-of-sync with the rest of the world. Usually it’s my fault, but not always.

Anyway, what do you do when Christmas Day’s festivities are over? Of course, you watch all the Christmas telly. Or in my case, I watch all of 2007’s telly.


This is why I've just sat through the above-named cheap 90-minute filler show, in which the above two funnymen from Spaced, Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz link very brief clips of TV shows from yesteryear with ever-so-slightly-longer opinions and trivia.

I think one of the reasons why I like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's TV and films so much is because they put so much thought in to them. Alas, after a promising start posing as a Goodies-esque sitcom, this was not really on display here. Improvising around most of the links was perhaps not the best plan when the leader of the duo was clearly half-asleep.

But hey – they knew what a cheap throwaway format they'd been asked to fill, and how lowly such theme nights are regarded, so who can really blame them for not making much effort?

Looking forward to watching the new Spaced DVD that I got for Christmas – that'll be much better. They – and their viewers I think – care a bit more about that.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **