Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Left to right: Melissa, Brett, Steve, Greg and Dave
About 18 months ago I was invited to pitch-in with Cession|Community’s fortnightly creative meetings, to help brainstorm and plan the content of our church services. I’m not much good in a crowd, so it took me a few of these to relax and start contributing, and to not feel self-conscious about falling silent for a long time. In fact, these meetings have become one of the things that I most enjoy about living here.

Recently these things have been restructured to happen less frequently, but be open to more people attending. Not many people have responded so far, however as Brett said tonight, you need to be able to both contribute ideas and be okay with having many of them turned down by the group.

I still have trouble finding the confidence to argue for an idea, particularly if it’s my own, but it’s good to feel like I’m on a learning curve.

And GREAT to see an idea happening at church a few months later…

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **