Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

I have to admit that when I first read this musical performance's tag-line “The best from the swinging 60’s to the legendary 90’s”, I had to wonder just what music there had been in the 90’s that had been legendary. I need not have worried however – numbers like Colours Of The Wind and Phantom Of The Opera easily proved me wrong.

Heck, tonight put me in such a good mood that I’m even willing to count the ’91 remix of Bohemian Rhapsody. And these guys’n’gals knew exactly how to treat such a modern-day classic – dead straight.

This joyous evening absolutely flew by, covering as it did a colossal range in barely two short hours. Pop, opera, gospel, even parody was covered as we got to hear one of the fab four crooning away at the end of his career…

Yesterday...
Finishing up with an ABBA medley proved beyond any doubt that 35 years of putting these things on had honed a real understanding of how to do it well.

I’d recommend The Bruce Murray Singers – and The Eno Sisters – to anyone.

Guess the group being paid tribute to
Link: www.brucemurraysingers.org.nz

Labels:

2 comment(s):

At 3:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for great review Steve. I play keys at St Columba with David Boyes (on bass).
Bruce Murray

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Steve Goble said...

Well, thanks for putting on such a great show Bruce!

David told me he knows you, in fact, he almost came along too that evening.

I work with Julia and Peter at the school, although I'm back in the UK at the moment waiting for my very long-overdue NZ residency application to be resolved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **