Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

A while back Dave Pitman asked me to take some photos of New Zealand’s Overlander train for a comicbook he was putting together.

Today I had the pleasure of finding out exactly what he’d done with them…



Although these two pictures apear to to be the same, there are in fact a number of differences.  Can you spot them?
Tales From The Flat is quite a quick read, during which not very much happens, but a long complex twisting plot is just not this cookie's agenda. What it does set out to capture, and joyously so, is the pure fun of playing a computer game. That’s it – if I go into any more detail, I’ll just complicate things.


If you’ve ever vegged in front of a Playstation far too late into the night, then this is probably the comic for you. Perhaps I’m biased because I know the guy, but Dave really gets the gaming psychology spot-on and, for me at any rate, the result was 26 pages of recognising many long hours of my own life, and feeling pretty good about it.

Email Dave at D_TypeArt@outgun.com and ask how you can get him to send you a copy. Go on – you’ll need something to read during all those load screens this weekend…

Labels:

2 comment(s):

At 12:59 pm, Blogger Oliver Lambden said...

how strange. i too draw a comic here in the uk called tales from the flat. they seem vaguely similar, even a couple of the characters look the same. what a bizarre coincidence.
looks great tho!
http://www.modernmonstrosity.moonfruit.com

 
At 4:24 am, Blogger Steve Goble said...

Crazy - I'll have to pick up a copy next time I'm back in that hemisphere...!

Steve.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **