Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Auckland Airport, with the London Eye in the distance
Well here I am about to take-off at the end of another crazy year in New Zealand, so I guess, just like this time last year, it’s time to once again ask the question: What have I learnt about myself?

1. I can’t organise. I really only have room for one idea in my brain at a time. I can’t pack a bag for the same reason. Don't even think about asking me to cook.

2. I can’t leave anything unfinished, just like this blog.

3. I always want to find the best way of doing everything.

4. I’m very thorough. Sometimes people mistake this for slowness. I know some people think I take a long time in the toilet/shower/bath, but you can be sure that I'm thoroughly clean afterwards.

5. I have no sense of direction. In a faraway country I have learnt this many many times. Thank God for getting me a room next to the easy-to-spot Sky Tower.

6. I like to take the opportunities in life. There's an episode of The Simpsons in which Homer pretty well sums it up:

Marge: "Homer, just because someone asks you to let them fire a cannonball into your stomach, doesn't mean you have to say yes!"

Homer: (heartbroken)"Marge, in some ways you and I are so different."

7. Doing the right thing is incredibly fundamental to me. So much so that I’ve never consciously noticed this before, but it’s always been my main driving motivation, throughout my whole life.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **