Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Bumped into my mate Bill (not real name) on Queen Street today. He hurriedly told me that he’d just been told by his doctor that he would lose his hearing in a couple of years. With us both rushing off to different places, (on opposite sides of the world) we took five minutes to stand in a car park together and pray. As we went our separate ways, I had to reflect on how much higher I prioritise prayer in the face of disaster, as opposed to in the face of okayness.

I mean if Bill had not received such a numbing diagnosis, would we really have stood praying in front of passers-by in a car park?

If the world was perfect, would we pray at all?

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **