Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Scooby Doo and gang
Most movie sequels are not as good as the original.

However when the original is quite poor to begin with, the sequel is often better.

Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed incredibly mixes the worst parts of both rules.

I don’t know where to begin. I mean I didn’t even like the first movie.

Like so many remakes of popular kids’ shows, they’d missed the key ingredient of innocence.

Scooby Doo 1 took a nice clean-cut bunch of high-school kids and their dog, and riddled it with flatulence, burping and sex-appeal.

And let’s ignore that in the original cartoon, the monsters were always exposed as fakes.

And everybody now hates Scrappy. I mean I know most of the original viewers did, but the characters in the cartoon were always above that.

I personally had been hoping for some cleverer humour, such as perhaps a chase down a corridor lined with the same painting on the wall over and over again. That would have been a well-meaning josh at the original.

As it was, the first movie’s only redeeming feature for me was Matthew Lillard’s excellent performance as Shaggy.

Anyway, enough of my knocking the first movie, here’s my review of Scooby Doo 2.:

Oh waitaminute I’ve just done it.


And what are you two looking so surprised at?
4 out of 10.

Josie And The Pussycats - now there was the greatest movie ever made…

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **