Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

After my regular church, I shot off across town to return to competitors CLC, where I was expecting another service, but instead found a nativity/pantomime!

And it was barking. The story was set after Jesus birth, and based around Herod's extermination of all the children aged under two around Bethlehem. A harrowing subject, yet handled with Benny Hill music and clumsy Roman guards chasing Mary and Joseph as they toss Jesus back and forth like a rugby ball! The rest of the audience didn't seem to mind the slightly uncomfortable juxtaposition of multiple-infanticide with slapstick, so I figured I'd better not mind either. What was my adopting the opposite attitude going to do for anyone?

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **