Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Found a way of playing Uno over email with my klown friend Herschel in the UK...

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 11:46
To: Herschel Krustofski
Subject: Uno

... As for playing Uno, I have bought a pack and dealt myself 7 cards from it. I figure that you can deal yourself 7 cards and we can still play over email. I'm sure we can trust each other to be honest.

By the way, the 8th card I dealt told you to pick up 4.

Herschel Krustofski wrote:

Okay, so I've now got 11 cards in my hand and it's your go. (please put down a yellow... please put down a yellow) "Misssssster Goble..."

I brushed passed a member of "The 5, 6, 7, 8s" - the all girl Japanese pop group from Kill Bill vol 1 - on Friday. She looked lost. I appreciate this may mean nothing to you but tell people and they will be impressed.


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 11:55
To: Herschel
Subject: Uno

Pick up another 4.

Herschel wrote:

Man alive! That's my passenger, you putz.
So, I now have 15 cards in my hand to your six. Sigh.

Herschel wrote:

PS - do you have plans to return to UK? Any idea when?


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 11:58
To: Herschel
Subject: Uno

I have to be back in October sometime. Of course, that might not happen, so I'm not advertising my return too much at the moment.

PICK 'EM AAAAAAAPP.

Herschel wrote:

Pick up more??? That's 19 cards I'm holding. I'm not an octopus, you know!

Well, it'll be nice to see you. And, where are the postcards, huh?

Actually, have you been up to anything nice over there? Seems a while since you said much.


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 12:07
To: Herschel
Subject: Uno

There's nothing really to report. I've applied for several jobs, made promising progress on 2 of them, and have just received a standard rejection for one and seen the other being re-advertised. And I have a cold.

Pick up another 4.

Herschel wrote:

Pick up another four? That's just an exceptional start. So, I now have 23 cards to your four, right? Wow! I can't help feeling I AM playing with a full deck here, as the saying almost goes.

Sorry to hear about the cold.

Sorry to hear the job search is a struggle too.


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 12:16
To: Herschel
Subject: Uno

(long pause, goes to pick card up, stops at last moment and says) Pick up 4.

Herschel wrote:

Cheat, I say. Cheat! That's FIVE pick-up four cards. Impossible!


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 12:21
To: Herschel
Subject: Uno

Oh I'm sorry, I was confused because here in New Zealand we have different denominations. Pick up another 4.

Herschel wrote:

This is crazy! I have ALL THE CARDS now! And no marbles.


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 12:22
To: Hercshel
Subject: Uno

UNO!

Herschel wrote:

Have 'em!


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Goble
Sent: 06 September 2004 12:25
To: Herschel
Subject: Uno

I win, and you're picking up another 4. How many are we going up to?

Well I'm off to bed now, and I'm certainly not staying here for a million "just one more game"s.

Goodnight.

Herschel wrote:

Eurghh, tough crowd.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **