Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

At our church cell group tonight Katie had the flu. She, Richard, Sara and myself were taking turns to read the start of Deuteronomy. Katie had a go, but knew where her sore throat's limit lay.

Afterwards Sara drove me home. When we got to my house, we sat in the car talking. Presently I opened the car door and continued talking with my head half way outside the vehicle. Then we said our good byes and I went in.

I was sneezing. I was tired. I had a sore throat coming on. I collapsed onto my bed and just lay there for about ten minutes.

I became aware that, the way I had landed, there was something about the size of a hazelnut lying against my forehead. It was small and hard and I realised that I didn't know what it was. So I sat up, at which point it came unstuck from my forehead, fell, and landed on my fleece's lapel, where it stuck again. I looked down at it. Its response was to turn its head to look back up at me.

It was a snail.

Now just how long had that been there without anybody saying anything?

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **