Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)


Free with The Mail On Sunday a few weeks ago, this represents a bona fide compilation album of Elvis' songs about his favourite subject.

I'm not sure quite why rights holders give their approval for freebies like this. If you already have a free album of a particular artist's most famous love songs, then why would you go out and buy another one?

Not that I'm complaining. Even to those of us who remain single this Valentine's Day, Elvis' croonings contain a sense of humour that somehow lifts even the sad ones up to a level of fun.

If you're both single and a cheapskate, then this is definitely an album with which to both celebrate Valentine's Day, and sidestep its consumerism.

Track listing:

1. It's Now Or Never
2. Are You Lonesome Tonight?
3. Heartbreak Hotel
4. One Night
5. I Need Your Love Tonight
6. (Now and Then) There's A Fool Such As I
7. As Long As I Have You
8. Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be)
9. Love Me
10. Blue Moon
11. True Love
12. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?
13. I Love You Because
14. I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
15. I'm Counting On You

Labels:

2 comment(s):

At 12:26 pm, Blogger KlownKrusty said...

I can only hope you thanked the Mail on Sunday. Thanked them very much. Uh-huh-huh.

 
At 12:54 pm, Blogger Steve Goble said...

You ain't nothing but a klown blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **