Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

zers
Despite the title, I got this for my birthday hoping to maintain some sort of rough impression of Christian pop music from the year 2008. (the years on these things are always wrong)

I listened to the two CDs on different Sundays, and my notes make it fairly obvious that I was in a much more positive mood for the first one.

For disc 1 I've written impressed things like:

Call My Name – Third Day - Grand towards end.
You Are Everything – Matthew West - Grand towards end.
How You Live (Turn Up The Music) – Point Of Grace - Nice voice.
Mighty To Save – Michael W Smith - Good church singing!
(very rare that)

A week later however and I've found the motivation to make only two positive notes:

Lose My Soul – tobyMAC - Nice.
All Along – Remedy Drive - No electric guitar.


Those Christians and their bloomin' electric guitars... Hey, here's a great song, but you know what would make it even better? Yep, drowning it all underneath a revving motorbike...

Samey. Very, very samey. And depressingly so, too.

Bring back Sonseed.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **