Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)


Obviously not my usual fare. I happened to be in the room for the first half-hour of this at ACB in Auckland 4-5 years back, so when it was on again tonight, I figured the least I could do would be to finish it.

And for what it is, it's a pretty well-written series of sketches. The stereotypes are all so instantly identifiable that their jokes are very easy to get. The gags themselves, while they may look brainless, are the product of a great deal of brainstorming and narrowing down to the grossest line / consequence. A lot of rewrites went into this.

Even Mr T shows up, playing the "wise janitor" character. I have no idea why I felt the intended rush of nostalgia when he came-on. I've never watched a single episode of The A Team, and yet I thoroughly enjoy kidding myself that I used to enjoy it every week like normal kids.

I probably should have enjoyed this like a normal kid too. In places I did, but I also hope there's not another of these.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **