Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)


After Thunderbirds, and its sequel Thunderbirds Are Go!, I appear to have skipped three movies...

Thunderbird 6 is easily the best film in the trilogy. It has a good plot, some tremendous action sequences, especially at the end, and even fulfils the escapism remit by doubling as a huge travelogue in a technological future. Who among us wouldn't like to actually travel on a futuristic airborne cruise around the world?

Jeff's motivation for keeping Brains behind without even a clear idea why is difficult plot-setting, but overall this is one Thunderbirds adventure that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I think I said in my other two reviews that the early TV episodes were padded-out after completion to match the length of the later 50-minute shows. I also said that I'd only ever seen those early ones, and given-up on the show because they ran so slowly.

I'd very much like to think that the later episodes were therefore a significant improvement, and given that this movie was the last of the original Thunderbirds canon to be made, I remain optimistic.

That last twenty-minutes - that's the stuff that Thunderbirds is remembered for!

F.A.B. – Finally A Blockbuster!

(available here)

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

At 3:12 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Now here's where disagree - thought the last 20 minutes of this was SO padded out. How many times did that Tiger Moth fly under a motorway bridge? How many times did it almost land?

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger Steve Goble said...

I can't remember, I was too giddy with the excitement of it all.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **