Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

I had to grit my teeth throughout the entire 78 minutes of this.

It's not that I didn't like it – I did – it's just that the whole feature-length movie is so unashamedly 1980s. The style of animation – ugh. The music – ooh. The characterisation – urrrr.

The narrative is abysmal too. This is a story that makes very little sense at all. Felix's famous bag of tricks seems to come with the condition that he can never use it to perform the same trick twice, not that anyone ever states this.

What this film explodes with though is ideas. The design of all the creatures, the unexpected one-liners, and the magic, just keeps hitting you thoughout without ever letting-up.

Do I recommend it? I'm afraid no. I think the painful style outweighs the genius of this film's ideas.

But maybe in small chunks.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **