Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Whilst telling on election day, I was invited to an open day of the local lawn bowls club.

On the day, I discovered that I had shown up a week too early.

A week later, I arrived just as they were finishing-up.

So they were kind enough to invite me for a free afternoon today...

I did play bowls a couple of times around Auckland with the Salvation Army, however that was indoors, playing on carpets. Today we were roughing it out in the spitting rain.

Bowling, bowling, bowling... Rawhide!
One thing that I have learnt about myself is that I enjoy trying out new things. It broadens my experience of life, and keeps me awake. Today I honestly enjoyed bowling the woods, learning how to stand and aim, forgiving myself for taking too much green, and smiling as one of my shots rocketed past the jack and into the ditch.

Afterwards, in the best traditions of Worzel Gummidge, there was a cup o'tea and a slice o'cake to be had, and I had to find a pleasant way of thanking them without signing-up for a regular invovlement.

I just have too many other new things to try.

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

At 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is longer!

Why do I keep thinking of the Klingon bible reading you did? ;-)

 
At 3:38 pm, Blogger Steve Goble said...

Because I was wearing a wig. In today's photo, I mean, that Klingon hair was all real!

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **