Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)


"He's very black."

That's what I was told by the white man who gave me this disc in 2006, and I sure can't argue.

What makes this collection of Christian hip hop and reggae stand out are the numerous teaching sketches that break it up. These feature David about to go out on stage, answering the phone, saying the Lord's Prayer and stuff.

What impresses me about this album is that tonight - on Good Friday - I put it on intending to read a book. (Love Wins by Rob Bell, since you ask) I never opened the book, I found myself drawn into having a quiet time instead.

Now that's gotta be a recommendation.


With thanks to Shane.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **