Steve Goble

Choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)


This might well have been mighty Marvel UK's move on the Mad Magazine market.

Perhaps 1980's satire is a little dated now. There's a major comic-strip about the proliferation of Dracula movies, complete with famous actors' likenesses, nearly all of whom I failed to recognise. My bad, or rather "my bat" as they might have put it, had that expression been in such general use then.

Despite other strips featuring Superman™ and the Muppets, my favourite one had to be the Howard The Duck episode. This featured a super-intelligent space-travelling vegetable – three ingredients that each communicated that the writer knew just what patent silliness he was aiming for.

"Frantic"? I hope it was in its day.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Back to Steve's home page

** Click here for preceding post(s) **

** Click here for following post(s) **